Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Kelly has an excellent check list for parents and others

Here is the nice way that Kelly introduced her blog.   She asked a question.


Question: What's your biggest challenge right now?

Your Answer: What a nice question!

I'm a teacher of high school students.  I also teach test prep   ... I have been mentored by Abraham S. Fischler, creator of the distance education program at Nova University.   He said, "Learning should be fun for the learner and the teacher."

free ebook about portfolios   www.TINYURL.com/sundp5
wow.

I helped Dr. Fischler get his book into print.  It's a free ebook now.  www.TINYURL.com/fischlerebook.   So I went to the dean of the university and said, "Why not for Dr. Fischler's birthday we send the free ebook to every student at Nova?"  

"We don't do things like that.  It's not professional.  We don't promote any university professor's materials."

I was stunned.   So I have this challenge.  How do I get the message out there?


=====

Would you share the free ebook with your readers?

Thank you for asking about my biggest challenge.


Another big challenge is "how do we let more people know about the message in Dennis Littky's book, called the Big Picture?"   I paid a friend to translate the book (which has two free chapters in English).

it would be remarkable if you could tell your readers about the free ebook
www.TINYURL.com/Littkychapter1
www.TINYURL.com/Littkychapter4



If you have materials that you would like to have trnaslated into Spnaish, my friend, Mario Llorente, would be happy to translate for you.  You have some EXCELLENT tips that could help families in latin America.   My friend is going to a "PEDAGOGIA" conference and perhaps your 16 phrases would be a good first trnaslation to spread at the conference.   Educators from 16 countries attend the event (every two years) and we are giving away the free ebook THE BIG PICTURE in Spnaish.


The third challenge I have is HOW DO I LET PARENTS KNOW about the HIGH TECH HIGH procedure of a FREE WEBSITE?   Projects are an excellent way to teach (see the work of Oprah and Bill gates at High Tech high...   www.TINYURL.com/oprahbillgates  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF06lpwC-ho

can you share this link with parents on your list?

The idea is to get parents asking for the procedures of DIGITAL PORTFOLIOS and projects.
tony Wagner of Harvard says ....
"tony wagner digital portfolios for every student"

Tony Wagner: All Students Need Digital Portfolios — Pathbrite

pathbrite.com/.../tony-wagner-the-single-most-important-thing-you-can-...

Mar 24, 2015 - When Pathbrite went to SXSW Edu, one of our team members had the luck of catching a talk from Harvard Innovation Expert Tony Wagner, ...

https://pathbrite.com/blog/tony-wagner-the-single-most-important-thing-you-can-do-tomorrow-is-have-every-student-establish-a-digital-portfolio



4th challenge   --  Dennis Littky and Elliot Washor have developed ten questions that parents can ask to guide teaches toward understanding and shaping a better way of teaching and learning.  The idea is to spread these questions

www.TINYURL.com/spanish10expectations   


the fifth challenge is to share the message of Alison Gopnik    "be a Gardener, not a Carpenter"   I hoe you can share this link, too.
alison gopnik gardener and carpenter
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/aug/17/gardener-and-the-carpenter-by-alison-gopnik-review
http://www.alisongopnik.com/TheGardenerAndTheCarpenter.htm




THANK YOU FOR ASKING about my challenges!


Steve McCrea
Fort Lauderdale, FL  
fan of Kelly
www.TINYURL.com/stevesstoryin2016
my portfolio
+1 954 646 8246 fi you ever want to chat about how to spread your message farther.   my friend Mario who translate stuff into Spanish is happy to attempt anything that I recommend.  I recommend your stuff.  You have effective materials.   I hope you will welcome this free offer.


On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Kelly at IdealistMom.com <kelly@idealistmom.com> wrote:

Download it now!

You got this because you gave your email address at my site.


Attached to this email, you'll find the printable cheat sheet you asked for! (You also might want to check out the story behind each phrase and important caveats to keep in mind.)

Now that you've got your cheat sheet, you're officially a member of the IdealistMom.com community! Allllll the way at the bottom of this email, you also get access to my full library of massively useful cheat sheets and printables that will ease your parenting struggles.

But first, we have a problem to solve. Your email program doesn't know that you and I are buddies now. Which means it will send your weekly newsletters straight to the junk or promotions folder. Annoying, right?

Lucky for us, one simple step will fix this right up:
  1. Click here to reply to this message.

    Clicking that link will send me an email that says "I got it!", and your email program will get the hint and actually deliver your newsletters to you! Otherwise, they'll get stuck in the Never Never Land of Babies R Us emails and polite requests from Nigerian princes.

  2. And since you're dropping me a quick line anyway, can you tell me: What's your biggest challenge right now? Because you are the reason I started blogging. Yes, you! I research the challenges that are dragging you down and write to share the very best ideas with you. So make me earn my keep and reply with your biggest challenge. :-)

  3. If you're on Gmail, you'll also need to drag this email to your Primary tab to make sure your next email from me lands in the right spot.

In between wrangling three kiddos and making my way through a neverending mountain of laundry, I don't always have time to reply to every message, but I do read every single email I get and take it to heart.

And since I'm asking you to tell me about yourself, I thought I'd introduce myself and my family:
  • Kelly: That's me! I'm a mom and a recovering perfectionist, but then...you already knew that.
  • Ty: My husband, the resident Mr. Fix-It. He has impeccable fashion sense, plus he can bake a mean cheesecake. Sometimes I worry that he's a better wife than I am.
  • Abby: Our 8-year-old daughter, the bookworm. She seems to be inheriting my perfectionist tendencies.
  • Bailey: Our 3-year-old daughter. She never sits still, and she's a little social butterfly. She did not inherit that from me.
  • Charlotte: Our 1-year-old daughter, and we call her "Charlie."
  • Also: Five cats. We're suckers.

I'd love to hear all about you and your family. Just click here to reply!
Kelly

p.s. While you wait for your first edition of the weekly newsletter, in two days I'll send you something else special to welcome you to our community of perfectly imperfect parents. (This is a special one-off email to welcome you to the list. The email in two days is a second one, then you'll receive a third and final welcome email a few days after that. After the three special welcome emails, you'll hear from me just once a week!)

Your Bonus Library of Printables

As a member of the IdealistMom.com community, you get access to my full library of cheat sheets and printables. Click any link in this list to get the printable sent straight to your inbox, along with instructions for how to use the printable.

Raise Awesome Kids

Be a Playful Parent

Become Your Happiest Self

Welcome a New Little One

Celebrate


idealistmom.com

You subscribed on: 01/18/2017


I learned about this blog here
http://idealistmom.com/discipline-your-child/

Update Your Email Address  •  Unsubscribe

© 2016 The Reformed Idealist Mom, 8127 Mesa Dr, B206-173, Austin, TX 78750, United States

No comments:

Post a Comment